Following an upgrade on Sunday 19th October, ISI Proceedings is now searchable from within Web of Science as the Conference Proceedings Citation Index:
• Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (CPCI-S) 1990-present.
• Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) 1990-present.
A new Web of Science search field enables a search for proceedings papers using Conference title words, location, date, sponsor, etc. A new option - 'Conference Titles' will be available within both Refine Results and Analyze Results features. Cited references from proceedings literature will be unified with cited references from journal literature - this adds to Times Cited counts for many papers.
For a preview of this change in the way ISI Proceedings will be made available, please see: http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/support/documentation/presentations/newproceed102008.ppt
Other enhancements include:
• In Web of Science, links to NCBI resources.
• In WebPlus search, addition of 716 institutional repositories and a 'Repository' tab, and the ability to personalise and share web results.
• ResearcherID includes additional searchable fields.
• EndNote Web: new Links toolbar for Internet Explorer and Firefox 3 enables the user to capture data directly from other online databases.
For a preview of these and other changes and additions please see: http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/support/documentation/presentations/Q308updates.ppt
Web of Knowledge is available from http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/