Trial access has been set up to the SPIE Digital Library by the Journal Co-ordination Scheme (in conjunction with ebooks@cambridge) and will run until 14th June 2012.
The SPIE Digital Library includes more than 310,000 conference proceedings, peer-reviewed journal articles and eBooks from the areas of astronomy, biophotonics, nanotechnology, sensors, lasers, electro-optics, communications, imaging, and more. SPIE is a not-for-profit educational society with over 17,000 Members worldwide.
The journals are available in the ejournals@cambridge A-Z http://camsfx.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/cambridge/az listing
- Proceedings of SPIE
- Optical Engineering
- Journal of Electronic Imaging
- Journal of Biomedical Optics
- Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS
- Journal of Applied Remote Sensing
- Journal of Nanophotonics
- Journal of Photonics for Energy
- SPIE Reviews
- SPIE Letters Virtual Journal
There are currently 164 ebooks from 1989 to present available as an add-on (with an additional cost) to the SPIE Digital Library. The ebooks include titles from the SPIE Press series in optics and photonics:
· SPIE Press Monographs are authoritative reference books, textbooks, and handbooks.
· Tutorial Texts cover fundamental and emerging topics at introductory and intermediate levels.
· Field Guides present key information that students and practicing engineers and scientists need in a concise format.
A user guide http://spie.org/Documents/Publications/Digital%20Library/DL-User-Guide-2011.pdf with information about the SPIE Digital Library and tips on how to search the site is available. It also shows how to set-up RSS feeds and utilize bibliographic, bookmarking, and research tools.
This trial is available both on and off campus. Off campus access is available via Raven logins, but for off campus access, users should use the links above, the Off campus access bookmarklet http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/toolbox/bookmarklet.html or the ejournals@cambridge A-Z http://camsfx.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/cambridge/az listing for journals. Shibboleth access (Institutional login) is being set up but is not yet available.
Please send all feedback on this trial resource to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th June 2012.