The University Library has arranged a trial of the Data Citation Index which will run until 14th December 2012.
How to access the Data Citation Index:
- Access Web of Knowledge by going to http://wok.mimas.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wayf?idp=https://shib.raven.cam.ac.uk/shibboleth.
- ‘Select a Database’ tab in Web of Knowledge and enter your Raven login (unless you are already logged on to Raven).
- Click on Data Citation Index.
Data Citation Index can be used to discover research data sets from a wide range of international data repositories and connect them with the scientific literature to track data citation:
- Discover international repositories and their deposited data studies, data sets, using the Thomson Reuters value add indexing.
- Navigate between related records within a repository.
- Link to the repository record to access the deposited data.
- See how data connects to scientific literature published in journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Coverage of social sciences, physical sciences, life sciences and arts and humanities.
More information about the Data Citation Index is available at: http://wokinfo.com/products_tools/multidisciplinary/dci/
A video presentation about the product can be found here: http://wokinfo.com/products_tools/multidisciplinary/dci/dci-vid2.html
Please send your feedback on the trial to firstname.lastname@example.org.